1. SPAB stands for ________ _________ _________ __________.
2. For a new or “Initial” SPAB Student, ________hours of training are required.
3. _______Hours of Classroom training are required for an initial SPAB.
4. _______Hours of Behind the Wheel Training are required for an initial SPAB.
5. You must be _____years of age to have a SPAB Certificate.
6. The speed limit at a blind intersection is _______MPH.
7. The speed limit in a school zone is _______MPH.
8. You must use your turn indicator for _______feet before making a turning move.
9. If your SPAB certificate is suspended, you may reapply at __________without prejudice.
10. When approaching traffic at night, you must dim your lights when you are ______from the vehicle.
11. In order to drive interstate commerce, you must be _____years of age.
12. You must be _____years of age to drive SPAB in California.
13. The CHP 292 form requires that SPAB buses be inspected every _____ months.
14. The number of passengers that a SPAB bus may transport is recorded on the ____________form.
15. If your blood alcohol level is .01 you may be placed out of service for _____hrs.
16. Once your SPAB certificate is issued, you must have _____hrs., of training every year for the length of your certificate.
17. If your blood alcohol level is .04% you may be _____________, if you are a commercially license driver, driving a commercial vehicle.
18. When approaching the rear of a vehicle at night, you must dim your lights _______feet from the vehicle.
19. Regroovable tires may be used at any position on a bus. T/F
20. 4/32nd inches of tread are required on the rear axles of a bus. T/F
21. Fire extinguishers on a SPAB bus must have a rating of _______b.c.
22. In order to drive intrastate commerce you must be _____yrs of age.
23. If your vehicle is disabled, you may ___________________to get the vehicle off the road to a place of safety.
24. Four people are allowed forward of the white line inside the bus when the bus is in motion. Name them: _________________________________________________.
25. A property damage accident is defined as having more than $________damage.
26. When a SPAB Accident occurs, the following must be notified or cause to be notified: ___________________,____________________,________________________.
27. A fire extinguisher must have three things in force to be considered legal in a SPAB bus. Name them:___________________,____________________,___________________.
28. A SPAB bus may do the _______________speed limit on any highway.
29. How many minutes do you have to a SPAB Pre-trip inspection? _____________.
30. On a regular CHARTER, you may drive commercially for _____hrs., in a _____hr Spread.
31. On a SPAB CHARTER, you may drive for _____hrs., in a _____hr Spread.
32. If you are found to be over 10 hrs driving or 15 hrs total on duty time, you may be placed out of service for _____hrs to become fresh.
33. If you cannot prove how many days or hours you have been on duty, you may be placed out of service for _____hrs.
34. Is smoking allowed on a SPAB bus? YES/NO
35. Are alcoholic beverages allowed on a SPAB bus even to transport. YES/NO
36. Who is the final authority on a SPAB bus. ___ ___________.
37. When approaching a railroad crossing in a bus, you must stop not more than _____ft from the nearest track, nor less than _____ft from the nearest track with passengers on board the bus.
38. ALL passengers must remain in their seats when the SPAB bus is in motion. T/F.
39. While conducting a STATIC test for the brake check, the system may lose no more than _____lbs of pressure in one minute.
40. When the APPLIED test for the brake check is complete, you must reset the park brake. T/F
41. While conducting an APPLIED test for the brake check, the system may lose no more than _____lbs pressure, with the park brake released.
42. When you arrive at a school, you must shut down your engine immediately. T/F.
43. When departing the school on a SPAB trip, you may start your engine _____seconds prior to departure.
44. When parking at or near a school, you must shut down your engine if you are within _____ft of the school.
45. When broken down on a four lane highway, you must place your warning reflectors at _____ft, _____ft, and _____ft to the rear of the bus.
46. How many first aid kits are required on a SPAB bus? __________.
47. How many low air warning devices are required on a SPAB or Charter bus? ________.
48. How many warning horns are required on a Charter Bus? ___________.
49. How many extra hours may you drive if there are emergency circumstances? __________.
50. What constitutes an emergency circumstance in question #49? ________________________________________________________________________________.
51. How much lighting is required on a SPAB bus at night? Only that amount of light necessary to _______________and _______________safely.
52. The CHP 292 must be placed where on a bus in a clear plastic container? In the _________ __________.
53. When preparing for a Winter Trip and you know that there is a blizzard where you are going, can you still start the trip for safety purposes? Yes/No.
54. How many passenger can you carry on a SPAB bus? Only that amount listed on the _____ _____ form.
55. The California Department of Education Training Certificate, TO 1, must be signed at the end of every training period by the Instructor and the Driver. T/F
56. When do school pupils receive a safety briefing on a SPAB bus? At the ___________of each trip.
57. A SPAB driver with a valid commercial drivers license and SPAB certificate may not operate a school bus. T/F
58. When you see an emergency vehicle with lights flashing you must do what? ______________________________________________and stop.
59. Is coasting allowed in a bus to preserve the brake? YES/NO.
60. A SPAB bus may be used only to transport students to and from school activities. T/F
61. Can any animals be transported in a SPAB bus? ____________________________.
62. Are you required to come to a complete stop at a stop sign? YES/NO
63. If you are on a SPAB trip and you either go over 12 hours or outside a 100 mile air radius, you are required to fill out a time record. YES/NO
64. Recapped tires may be used where on a SPAB bus? _________________________.
65. If a SPAB bus is inspected on December 30, 2007, when is the next inspection to be completed by? _____________________________.
66. In an emergency, a substitute driver may drive a SPAB without a valid SPAB certificate. YES/NO
67. A driver must fill out a D.V.I.R every day prior to operation of the vehicle. T/F
68. Companies are required to show that a driver is PROFICIENT in the vehicle he or she operates prior to Commercial operations. YES/NO
69. A bus must be equipped so that if the brakes fail, the systems will permit application of the service brake to bring the vehicle to a stop at least _________.
70. You must always give the right of way to a person with a red and white cane because this means that they are _______________.
71. The temporary SPAB certificate is issued by the _______________.
72. The permanent SPAB certificate is issued by the ______________.
73. The pressures for the cut in, cut out of the air compressor are ____to _______.
74. Low air warning devices must actuate at no more than _____psi and no less than _____psi.
75. When you approach a four way stop at the same time as another vehicle, the vehicle on the ___________may proceed first.
76. Are there any types of hazardous materials that may be transported on a SPAB bus? Name them:__________________________________________.
77. If you hit a parked car and you can’t find the owner, you must _________ __ ______ ___ ____ ______.
78. A low air warning device may be either _________ or ___________.
79. SPAB vehicles equipped with automatic transmissions may upshift when the engine is over-revved. T/F
80. Annual SPAB training hours must be complete by the certificate holder’s ________________.
81. Is hijack training required of SPAB drivers? YES/NO
82. How often is hijack training required of SPAB drivers? _______________________.
83. Where is the location of the TWI indicator? _______________________.
84. What is the TWI used for? _______________________.
©2009-2012 William G. Adams, All Rights Reserved